aMember Pro is a membership site software that can be downloaded and installed directly to a webhosting server. As such, users have full access to the source code application and have the freedom to customize it according to their needs.
aMember Pro: Features and benefits
What makes aMember Pro stand out as a membership site software? Consider the following features:
Easy web-based administration. aMember Pro allows quick access to the most useful functions and provides more advanced settings for professionals. With aMember Pro, you can:
- Define unlimited membership levels and products to sell, each with their own subscription terms and corresponding prices.
- Facilitate easy member management directly from the admin control panel. It is possible to easily add, edit or delete subscriptions, view reports and run batch operations. Customer signups and expirations are handled automatically so you don’t have to lift a finger once you have set your preferred settings. The software also does an excellent job of tracking members and payments.
- Drip feed your content. aMember Pro features an incremental delivery system so you can drip-feed your content based on your preference and keep your subscribers coming back for more.
- Integrate modules. aMember Pro includes several useful modules, including an opt-in e-mail newsletter module, helpdesk module, affiliate management module, and a shopping cart module. It can accept several payment gateways such as PayPal, 1ShoppingCart, 2Checkout, Authorize.net, ccBill, ClickBank, FastSpring, Payza, Plimus, SWREG, WebMoney, WorldPay and Zombaio.
- Use several languages. The admin and customer interface can be translated into 6 different languages (German, Spain, French, Greek, Russian and Chinese).
- Integrate third-party scripts. aMember can easily be integrated with WordPress so you can manage protection from right inside WordPress. You can also integrate more than one script (Xenforo, vBulletin, Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, phpBB3, SMF forum, Vanilla Forum, myBB, SilverStripe and more) provided that all registrations and login processes are handled by aMember.
Built-in affiliate program. By using aMember Pro, you can make your customers into affiliates. You can also easily set the commission structure and payout arrangements (payouts can be made to PayPal, Moneybookers or with checks), and award your power affiliates.
Easy protection. aMember Pro makes it easy for you to protect your site files, folders, blog posts, forums, scripts and more. This feature can effectively keep non-paying members and/or non-members from accessing your content.
Free installation service. aMember offers free installation service so if you don’t have any previous experience in installing PHP scripts on your server.
Excellent support service. aMember offers several support options (help desk, email, LiveChat, video tutorials, community forums) and has been noted for fast and efficient support service.
aMember Pro: Limitations and Drawbacks
Despite its robust features, aMember Pro also has its share of flaws. For one, installing the software into your server may take a while, and correct installation may not be possible without a fast internet connection. Many find that using aMember Pro entails a steep learning curve, especially since the software offers an extremely robust feature set.
Despite these apparent drawbacks and limitations, however, aMember Pro seems to hold itself up as one of the most popular membership site software in the market today. Most find its features greatly outweigh any drawbacks.