While the preferred method of getting traffic to a website for most is SEO (search engine optimization) and there are many SEO tips and SEO services to help in gaining this traffic, SEO is a long process. To gain traffic more quickly and from a greater number of keywords, PPC (pay-per-click) advertising (click on PPC for a better understanding of how it works) is often the way to go. For some, the best way to get PPC traffic is through PPC services.
What PPC services offer
Since it is certainly possible to utilize PPC advertising without going through PPC services, it is important to consider what they offer, and if they are worth the cost. Some of their functions include:
- Setup of campaigns on different networks
- Keyword research
- Bid optimization
- Ad creation
- Campaign optimization
- Ensure that the TOS are properly followed
How PPC services can make a PPC advertising more effective
Running effective PPC campaigns involves a lot more than just opening some accounts, finding keywords and creating ads. Running good PPC actually can involve a lot of knowhow. Experts at the right company will be on top of all the tricks and can take steps to make advertising money go farther. Some of the things to know about PPC advertising for maximum optimization include:
- Creating effective ads and landing pages: It is important to create ads that have a high CTR (click through ratio) and the kinds of pages on a site that will get the visitors to make a purchase or other desired action. Those with the right experience in creating such ads can get more converting visitors to a web site, and at a lower cost, with attention grabbing ads as well as content that appeals to visitors.
- Ad rotation: One way to find the best ads is with ad rotation. SEO services will create rotating ads to test and find those that are the most effective.
- Professional keyword research: Often, there are low-cost keywords that are missed that could be bringing visitors to a site. These services will help find these keywords.
- Negative keywords: Many of those running PPC campaigns are paying for keyword bids that never bring them the desired action. Through research and the use of negative keywords, it is possible to filter unwanted traffic and avoid paying for clicks that are very unlikely to generate sales.
- Constant tracking and analysis: Bid prices, keywords and other factors are constantly changing. Therefore, to get the best results, PPC campaigns need to be continuously monitored and modified when necessary. SEO services will use software to constantly monitor campaigns to track what is working and what might need to be changed.
- Geo and time targeting: Google Adwords and other PPC advertising providers offer ways to target ads for different regions and times of the day. Doing this properly can have a significant effect on the cost of advertising by targeting times and places that are most cost effective.
- Monitor for fraud: Competitors and website owners sometimes commit click fraud to drive up costs or make more money. By closely monitoring campaigns, PPC services are in a position to catch this kind of fraud before one is victimized.
- Sponsored or content match optimization: Those advertising with PPC need to understand the difference between sponsored ads, those that appear on search results pages, and content match ads, which will show up on web pages people visit. The optimal bids for these types of ad campaigns will vary and need to be optimized differently.
- Find the most desired networks: While the big players control most of the PPC market, there are smaller players that can sometimes offer good, lower-cost services.
Reasons not to use PPC services
For all the services they offer, there are fees, and they may be higher than what the savings in time and money are worth to the advertiser. It is relatively easy to set up accounts and get started with Adwords and other services. In addition, the big networks offer keyword tools, advice and even training on how to run effective PPC campaigns. Those who are willing to spend some time setting things up, learning and monitoring can save money by doing things themselves.
Choosing PPC services
An internet search will turn up a lot of PPC services. Those that offer the lowest costs, but not necessarily the best services, can be found in countries like India. Carefully look at what the company is offering and make sure they are upfront with fees. In addition, check reviews before deciding on a company since some of them do not offer good services.
Recommended PPC services
The following reviews offer a good place to start: Services. One service in particular that is worth mention for its unique approach is BoostCTR. It uses crowd sourcing to challenge people to write the best possible ads for campaigns. After signing up and submitting ad groups for improvement, writers will compete to create the best ad to beat the control ad. Advertisers can reject the ads they do not like, and BoostCTR is said to increase the average click through ratio by 30%. This will boost the quality score of ad campaigns and bring in more visitors for a lower cost overall.